Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Week 30- Class photo and space

This week we got our class photo! Check us out.


We also had a cow come to visit us. They showed us how cows are milked and taught us a few things about cows.




This week we started to study about the planets. As you know, I love using music to teach and there are a lot of great songs about space!


The kids worked in groups to study their assigned planet.

 
Here are a few of the songs we have been using to learn about the planets.
 

Planet Around a Star Song


Earth's Orbit

There are many more songs to come in this unit! Here is one we listen to every day to help learn the states and capitals.



STUDENTS: We have been working on Habit 7: Sharpening the Saw. What are you doing this weekend to sharpen your saw? Make sure to write a 7 up sentence to earn your ticket.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to do Sharpen The Saw by excising at my baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to sharpen the saw by doing my best on my dancing.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to do sharpen the saw by going to a horseback .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew said, That he Sharpened his saw this weekend by playing in three soccer games and one baseball game!! Won the baseball game 11-4, won one out of the three soccer game:( I also, Syerging by playing team sports!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 5th grade blog. I, too, teach 5th grade! I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Head over to my blog to learn more about this award!

    Verena
    Diary of a 5th Grade Teacher
    www.scrivens5thgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.